Swanage Holiday Park - Holiday Booking Conditions
The below booking conditions are required to be read, fully understood and agreed by any HPLS member wishing to book a Swanage holiday home for a holiday. Please read this before completing the booking request form as the question is asked on the form about your agreement to these conditions.
1. Any booking to hire the holiday home is an agreement between the member and the owner HPLS and not Shorefield Swanage Coastal Park Ltd. This agreement will form a contract between HPLS and the member hiring the home. Bookings are made with HPLS and not Shorefield.
2. The member agrees to pay an administration fee of £80 to secure the booking. This is non refundable in the event of the member cancelling the booking before the final balance is paid around 13 weeks before the holiday. The balance payment will then include an £80 cleaning security deposit which will be refunded in full once you have returned after the holiday and we have confirmation that the home was left clean and tidy for the next member. Any cancellation after the balance is paid will result in the total booking price being forfeited. Payment to HPLS for the admin fee and final balance will be by internet bank transfer. No cheques or cash.
3. Booking requests are made in the knowledge that the holiday is only confirmed when done so by HPLS in writing. Where duplicate requests are made a ballot will be held in fairness to all members requesting.
Bookings can only be made by full HPLS members of which must be in residence during the holiday stay.
5. The member hiring agrees take care of the property and contents and to leave it when departing in clean and tidy state. If accidental damage is caused the member is to notify HPLS immediately by email to email@example.com
6. Members will check the inventory on arrival and report any items missing or damaged to HPLS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org The taking of photographs if anything does not appear right is recommended.
7. If any defect is found in the water, electric or gas equipment the member must report this immediately to the park office who will assist to fix the problem.
8. The Member hiring will be responsible for ensuring that every member of their party behaves themselves in a respectable manner and maintains control and supervision over any children to prevent any annoyance being caused to other residents on the park. The park management have the right to eject any residents who are not acting as described above. The park rules are found via the link below which all guest need to comply with.
9. Pets are not permitted within the Carnaby property. Well behaved, housed trained and cleaned adult pets are permitted within the Moonstone property. This is monitored by the park management and should it be found that any member has taken any pet into the Carnaby property the member can be asked to vacate immediately and an additional cleaning charge will be payable. Click HERE for more on this. Pets must always be kept under control.
10. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the property. Any evidence of this being reported back to us will result in the property being deep cleaned and additional deep clean fees being billed to the member.
11. Whilst HPLS will undertake to provide the booking as agreed, there is no legal obligation to provide alternative accommodation should the holiday home suffer serious damage rendering it unusable. In this case HPLS will endeavour to assist the member as best we can to find alternative accommodation, however a refund of the full rental fee or deposit (whichever was paid) is the limit of our obligation in the unlikely event that an issue arises where the holiday home cannot be occupied.
12. Members should have their own insurance for injury and loss of personal items as HPLS do not provide this personal cover. HPLS have insurance on the building and public liability only.
13. Check in and check out times are as follows;
Arrival not before 2.30pm. Departure before 12am. You can arrive on site early but access to the holiday home may be prevented until the cleaning changeover has been completed. (These times are subject to change and will be notified in advance)
14. The maximum stay is 7 nights. You may stay less of course.
15. High chairs and travel cots are available on request.
The terms and policies for Shorefield Parks are found HERE
Additional Important Information
These are self catering holiday homes. While it may be obvious to most people what this means we want to make sure we are clear and so are our guests.
The holiday home is kitted out with;
Kitchen equipment including crockery, cooking pans, cutlery & utensils
Hoover and cleaning equipment
The following consumables are not provided and need to be taken with you;
Bedding - quilts sheets, pillow cases, quilt covers
Personal Towels - Please take enough for all of your guests
Tea towels for kitchen use
WC and kitchen roll.
Washing up liquid
Waste disposal bin bags
Personal hygiene items, soaps shampoo etc
Please do not waste gas and electric by leaving on the heating and other equipment whilst away from the home. The heating heats up the building very quickly. We are metered for all energy use and high bills will end up increasing the rental charges for your future use. Non iron clothes are suggested for your stay.
Laundry and ironing equipment are available for you to use from Reception.
There is a fridge freezer in the holiday homes so you are able to take some food with you, however you are only a short walk from plenty of shops in the town.
There is a TV fitted which has Freeview and Wi Fi is available for streaming TV into portable devices. We cannot guarantee the speed but we are told it should be sufficient. There is no DVD player available. There is a USB charging point in the wall.
There is an outside bike store which can be used for secure storage of cycles or other items that you do not need to keep in the holiday home such as bags and suitcases. Do not ever take cycles inside the home. There is also a smaller storage box by the entrance door for muddy shoes and other equipment you don't need inside.
There is an outside veranda with a table and chairs. Smoking may take place outside there.
The facilities in the adjoining holiday park are there for you to use if open, including a bar, cafe, pool and games. A small charge may be made for some activities. This is located a 5 minute walk from the holiday home. We cannot guarantee the availability of these facilities.
This a quiet and relaxed holiday park with over half the homes in private ownership. The site want to keep it like that and so do we. Please keep this in mind at all times.
There is driveway next to the holiday home for your car to be parked. If you have any visitors they must park next to the reception area.
Please ensure the safety of your children at all times by maintaining supervision and be mindful of the danger of children climbing on the decking fencing due to the drop on the other side. Dogs must be on a lead.
Please remember to get your discounted tickets for Monkeyworld and Bovington Tank Museum from HPLS before you go as these venues are very close to the holiday park.
The main office and reception at Swanage Coastal Park